Thursday, May 7, 2015

DIY...Village make over. Dont: Wind-chime

Hey Blog world.
How is every one doing?
Me well I have had a failure craft day. It was just one of those days where nothing worked. 
I started out doing one craft but after three attempts I gave up. Also trying to paint our bedroom. Between moving furniture and taping the room I didn't have a lot of time to do anything productive. I did how ever have a lovely time on our vacation. Thanks for asking! :) We went to St Augustine and brushed up on some history. I also got some inspiration for my books. If you didn't know I like to write. Ironically being the biggest wimp when it comes to all things horror I write about ghosts. Its a mixture of romance and paranormal. So going to a haunted city was just what the doctor ordered. Of course now I need to sit my butt down and get writing. But back to tonight's projects. Yes projects as in plural because I started one. I was going to redo my wind-chimes 

First, I hate wind chimes. I can not stand the clangy noise they make. I do not find it soothing. To me it sounds like nails on a chalk board. But I like wooden ones. The thunking is a lot better to me instead of the clanging. 

Well my wind chime started to fall apart so I wanted to try to fix it. 

Try. 

Fail. 

Before. 

After.

Basically what happened...Well I have no patience. 
Needed about eight hands to do this project. I wanted to do pretty beads and repaint some of the wood. 
But I couldn't get it to work. I honestly could tell you all sorts of things I had tried to do but I am so annoyed with this project I want to forget it ever happened. 

So I have been working on something else so I didn't completely fail you.

A few years ago I turned a little Christmas village into a Halloween village. So since then I have received lots of houses to redo. Some of them I can use for my Halloween village others are to big. But again back to the stories I write (ghosts remember?) I usually get my inspiration from creepy houses. Well I came across these two houses that reminded me of some of the houses that became my inspiration. 




 

Before. Gave it a bath. Kicked out all local spider residents. Get ready to paint. 

Just used acrylic paints. 


Not my best work but I was rushed. 

When Halloween comes around remind me to show you my Halloween village. It is awesome!

Anyways. So these projects don't require a break down in price. I don't expect people to try and attempt these projects. I just wanted to share a failure and a some what success. :D

Hope you enjoyed tonight's blog. I will see you next week. 

You know the drill, Like the Facebook page. Subscribe by putting your email address in the box. 
Tell me what you think. 

See ya Thursday!






No comments:

Post a Comment