Thursday, July 30, 2015

Speaker Stands

Hello Blog World!

Whats going on tonight?

I hope everyone is enjoying their weeks. Soon the weekend! I know I am pretty excited.

Tonight's project was sort of a surprise project in my mind. I have lots of ideas I want to do so I usually just get some ideas then try to come across the supplies I need. Usually it works...most of the time it doesn't. But this project was inspired by the boyfriend. We recently purchased a sound bar thingy for our tv. Yes sound bar thingy is the technical term. I am not an electronic guru, I get by ok but all I wanted from the sound bar was to make the movies louder! Which it has accomplished that so its a win in my book. This particular sound bar came with surround sound. Oh ah...Its really exciting, so I am told. I just go along with what the boyfriend says when it comes to these kinds of things. Well we had a really crazy surround sound system before but it was ugly and wires were every where...DROVE ME NUTS! So when the boyfriend said surround sound...that's all I thought. Wires. Ew. So I wasn't looking forward to this purchase until he explained to me that it was really simple. The sound bar plugged into the tv and the sub woofer (Seriously why is it called a woofer...am I alone in thinking this is funny?) gets plugged into the wall where the little speakers are plugged into that. My response was whatever just make it neat looking. Which he did a very good job. 

Only problem was the speakers on the end tables I have are apparently not "ear level" which I guess is important. To fix this the boyfriend took two of my scented candles and put the speakers on that...
Not even kidding. At least they matched. I told him that was not going to work for me. Which he replied with "Well maybe you should make me something"

Why yes...Yes I will do that. 
So I did. 

First let me tell you that the little speaker stands are stupid expensive. $40.00 and up. Ok so its not that bad. But after spending the money on the sound bar, you really don't want to add another $40.00!

My solution only cost me...
You read for this?

$3.38
No I didn't put the decimal in the wrong spot. That is under four dollars. It would have been less if I didn't take the boyfriends advice. 

Ok let me show you what I did so you can stop shaking your heads. 



Ok let me try that again...

Tada!
Is it fancy? well a little. Is it practical Yes. Was there any assembly required? Not really.



So I found these things at a thrift store. For 1.00! It was great it was exactly what I was looking for. 
Please don't ask me what these things are called. I have been calling them candle thingys for the past few days. 
Now I call them fancy speaker stands. 
I spray painted them black to get rid of all the chipped paint that was on them. Already having the paint I didn't have to buy anymore. But I used the cheapest spray paint walmart had. 
The boyfriend was concerned that the speakers would fall off...or more likely get knocked off. So to prevent that from happening...or at least trying to I added coasters to them.

I know, what? 
Well the square shape of the speakers on the round shaped stand didn't make much sense. So the boyfriend said if I got a bigger square this would balance it out. 

I just set it on top in case I decide I don't like this idea I can just take it off. I bought the coasters at the Dollar tree. So if you guessed that I paid 1.00 for them you would be correct! I was thinking of spray painting these to but I actually liked the checkered design. We shall see what the boyfriend says Ha-ha.

I took a picture of what the boyfriend had set up before this...

No.
No.
No!

This was not going to work! But I am glad he suggested I make something because this actually turned out great. I got lucky and I was able to find exactly what I was looking for when I bought the stands at the thrift store. 

See it looks fancy :D

This project was most certainly 

Why? Because it was cheap and VERY easy to do. 
SO easy A Casey can do it!

Get creative! I can honestly say this wasn't something I found on pinterest. 
I know believe it or not!

Sometimes I have good ideas all by myself. 
I hope you enjoyed tonight's project. 

If you liked my blog or know someone who might feel free to SHARE!
Help my little blog grow!
Want to keep track of what I am up to? 
Check out my Facebook page
Like it while you are there :D

See ya next Thursday!




4 comments:

  1. It's very important for speakers to be off the ground so the sound waves can filter around the room. This is even more important if you have surround sound. I used to use boxes which weren't as aesthetically pleasing as your idea, and It also crossed my mind to use jars, like your boyfriend did. I'm going to try this!!!!!!!!!

    Jeanmarie @ RVM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! :) Glad I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! :) Glad I can help.

    ReplyDelete