Thursday, January 22, 2015

DIY "Stained" Glass Votive Holder #1

Hello Blog world!
So the other day I was asking a friend if I should do a fail project to mix it up. She told me to wait and let it happen naturally. Which I decided she was right. Well turns out it happened a little sooner than i thought. Now I can't say it was a complete fail...Just didn't turn out the way I thought it would. But I will try to redo this one at a later date. 



 Supplies that I used for this project. 
-Tissue paper
-Plain votive holder
-Mod Podge
-Candle
-Decorative hole puncher

The first thing I did was punch some holes in the tissue paper I used a star punch out which isn't what I wanted but it was what I had. 
So after punching out the tiny stars I Mod Podge the stars on the votive holder
My first complaint which should have been obvious to me that the Mod Podge didn't dry as clearly as I wanted it to, I should have maybe used it a little more sparingly. The original Pinner used a little brush. I used a sponge. So...that was my bad.
Next thing I didn't really take into consideration was the tiny tiny stars I had to work with. 
Tiny.
Tiny
Tiny...stars
I didn't really want to admit this, I really don't consider this project complete. The stars...They are so tiny!
So maybe not use a hole punch maybe more like a stencil cut out type thing. 
Of course with a good camera angle I was able to give you the illusion that it was complete. 
remember the Tiny..Tiny stars. 
I really like the idea of this project and I will master it!


See it has potential to be pretty. Just not this one...
The cost wasn't much so I don't feel to bad. This project cost me about 4 dollars to do. 
I like the fact that this can be made to suit any decorative needs. 
This can also be a great gift!


So I guess this project isn't exactly 'Casey Approved.' More like...

TO BE CONTINUED. 

Follow me on Facebook!
See what else I will be up to!
Send me suggestions. 







4 comments:

  1. Since I don't know what the original pinners project looked like I can't compare the two but I thought yours turned out nicely. It could use some more stars as you said but it doesn't look incomplete :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/142285669453290580/
    Thats the link to the original pin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good to me, I like it! Looked at the original pin but actually I like yours better

    ReplyDelete