Tuesday, January 27, 2015

DIY Wall Mounted Jewelry Organizer

Whats up Bloggers?
So thanks to my fancy new Facebook page for my blog a friend sent me some ideas for your viewing pleasures! 

So this is my attempt at a 'Wall mounted organizer" 
Pretty simple, if you are a normal person...I think the most difficult of this whole thing was trying to take a picture of it with out hanging it. Tomorrow it will be going to a new home. So hanging it would not only be another pain to try to do, it would put unnecessary holes in my walls. So balancing it with one hand....Not the easiest but what I did. 

I hope my friend likes it. It was really simple! 

Supplies needed
-A shelf
-Hooks
-Spray paint

Some things I added to personalize it to be a 'Casey Original'
-A business card holder
-Scrap book paper
-Mod Podge

First step which seems to be my least favorite part but I keep finding myself doing it...Spray paint.
I used a different brand this time,Valspar Spray paint. I was impressed with the results. It went on smoothly and dried quickly...Ok just kidding I just really liked it because of the lockable top!
Purple! Oh yes that is my cat peaking into the shot. I really could have taken a new picture but I am sure that you will see more pictures of him anyways. This is Bruce. He is a very curious kitty. He was almost in every shot. 


After that I strategically placed some cup hooks around the shelf.

I also put some Mod Podge and scrap book paper on it to give it some spice.
Now some of you are probably wondering what the heck is that black thing on the front for. Well I am glad you asked!
I realized I didn't know what to use to hang earrings on so I got a wired business card holder and attached it to the shelf. It works good I think!
So there you have it! A wall mounted jewelry organizer. 

The only thing I would recommend about this project is if you are going to take a picture of it...HANG IT. 
This was a simple project and useful.

This project was :




Check out my Facebook page and get first look on whats going on during my blog week!

See ya Thursday!






7 comments:

  1. Where did you get the shelf? How long after spray painting did you wait to add the scrapbook paper? I really like this project, it seems pretty simple:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A co worker was getting rid of the shelf and asked if I wanted it. I see these types of shelves at thrift stores all the time. I waited over night for the paint to dry but that was just my choice. Just as long as its not tacky it should be ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it and the color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one... I may have to make one for Miss Olivia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color was awesome!
    Good luck Sheri if you make one share pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Women seem to understand this better than men.

    ReplyDelete